Hoot! Hoot! "The owls are not what they seem."
This is the Solar Powered Owl Blinky LED Pendant Kit from Lumen Electronic! With a little bit of soldering you can make a battery-less blinking owl. That's right, there's no coin battery! Instead, a 1 Farad super capacitor is used to store energy. It takes around an hour to make and, when you finish, you can charge it either with a USB or with the power of the sun.
It takes less than 2 minutes or so to fully charge through the USB and 15 minutes from direct sunlight. In darkness, it'll last for almost 90 minutes - making it the perfect accessory for forest séances with your witch friends or indoor Owl City concerts (you can charge it during the opening act).
The pendant comes with instructions for assembly as well as a schematic and parts list. There are also detailed assembly instructions online here!
- Solar Charge Time: ~15 minutes
- USB Charge Time: ~2 minutes
- Lifespan in Darkness: ~90 minutes
- Assembled Dimensions: 52mm x 33mm x 12mm / 2.0" x 1.3" x 0.5"
- Assembled Weight: 9g
For product support for all Lumen Electronic Jewelery products, click here!
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.