Soft Circuits introduces students to the world of wearable technology. Using Modkit, an accessible DIY electronics toolkit, students learn to create e-textile cuffs, “electrici-tee” shirts, and solar-powered backpacks. Students also learn the importance of one component to the whole – how, for example, changing the structure of LED connections immediately affects the number of LEDs that light up.
This book provides great activities to help people make new and exciting e-textile and wearables projects while still being able to build a strong understanding of electronics basics.
- Author: Kylie Peppler, Melissa Gresalfi, Katie Salen Tekinbas, & Rafi Santo
- Publisher: MIT Press
- Hardback: 392 pages
- ISBN-10: 0-2620-2783-6
- ISBN-13: 978-0-2620-2784-7
- Soft Circuits Kits (Interconnections Book Series)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.