This is an evaluation board for the SM5100B GSM/GPRS module; everything you need to get started with the cellular module is included on this board. With FTDI’s FT232RL connected up to UART0 of the SM5100B you can send AT commands from a PC terminal straight to the module.
This board comes as shown in the picture with the 60-pin SM5100B mating connector, SIM card socket, SPX29302 3.8VDC high-current voltage regulator, FT232RL USB-to-UART, Mini-B USB connector, and more supporting circuitry. The SM5100B module is not included.
Note: If you don’t want to use your computer, or the USB to communicate with the SM5100’s UART, make sure you clear the RX, DTR, RTS, TX, and CTS jumpers.
- 60-pin SM5100B mating connector populated on board
- Power from barrel jack regulated to 3.8VDC
- SM5100B UART0 connected to FT232RL UART-to-USB chip
- Mini-B USB connector integrated
- All pins of the SM5100B broken out to 0.1" pitch headers
- SIM socket integrated with SM5100B and populated on-board
- ON/OFF and Boot mode SPDT switches
- POWER ON momentary push-button switch
- Red power indicator LED
- RX, TX LEDs
Dimensions: 3.2 x 2.5"
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.