Weather-band radio is an awesome service on the 162.4 to 162.55MHz band in the US, Canada and Bermuda that broadcasts normal and emergency weather information. It’s a good way to get a weather report and a great way to stay informed during a severe weather emergency.
The Si4707 from Silicon Labs is a fully integrated weather-band radio with 1050Hz detection (the tone used to indicate a watch or warning). It’s also the first in the industry to incorporate a SAME processor. SAME (Specific Area Message Encoding) allows the device to listen only for a certain kind of warning or statement.
This breakout board makes it easy to integrate the Si4707 into your next project! Simply provide 3.3V and plug a speaker or headphones into the on-board 3.5mm audio jack.
- Weather band support (162.4–162.55 MHz)
- SAME processor
- 1050 Hz alert tone detection
- Frequency synthesizer with integrated VCO
- WB digital tuning
- Programmable reference clock
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.