The Arduino Prototyping Shield Kit makes it easy for you to design custom circuits for your next Arduino project.
You can solder parts to the prototyping area to create your project, or use it with a small solderless breadboard (not included) to quickly test circuit ideas without having to solder. It's got extra connections for all of the Arduino I/O pins, and it's got space to mount through-hole and surface mount integrated circuits if you need to as well. It's a convenient way to make your custom circuit and Arduino into a single module.
The Proto Shield Kit allows you to move your projects from a breadboard to an Arduino-compatible PCB. Included are a number of common components.
List of Components:
- 1 Straight single line pinhead connectors 40x1
- 1 Straight single line pinhead connectors 3x2
- 2 PCB Pushbutton
- 1 red led
- 1 yellow led
- 1 green led
- 5 10K Ohm Resistors 1/4W
- 5 220 Ohm Resistors 1/4W
- 5 1K Ohm Resistors 1/4W
On the Proto Shield PCB you will find:
- ICSP header
- Led1 and Led2 headers (with resistor headers)
- S1 Button header
- SOIC prototyping area up to 14-pin SOIC chip, narrow medium or wide package.
- 10 bigger holes for special needs
- long and easy-to-solder ground / 5V rails
The 1.0 standard pinout consist in 4 additional pins: 2 of them placed near the AREF pin, that are used for TWI communication, and the other 2 are placed near the RESET pin. The IOREF pin is used to adapt the shield to the board on which is mounted. The last one is not connected and is reserved for future uses.
If you want to give a closer look to this shield we advise you to visit the official Proto Shield page in the Hardware Section.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.