Traditionally CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machines have been available only as expensive and useable, or cheap and un-useable, however, Sparkfun has changed all of that with the Shapeoko. This is the Shapeoko Deluxe Kit which is a 3-axis, desktop sized CNC mill kit. A CNC mill is a subtractive modelling method where a high-speed bit mills out material to create 2D and 3D objects. It can be used with non-ferrous metals (aluminium, copper, zinc etc.), hardwoods, and plastics.
This awesome kit includes everything you need to put together your own entry-level CNC machine and it includes the frame, hardware, motors, and controllers, all you need to supply is a trim router which is available at most hardware stores, or online.
This kit includes the Sparkfun Stepoko 3-axis control board which uses software to process standard grbl files and connects to your computer via USB to work with open source Java based G-Code applications. The board is Arduino compatible which makes it perfect for tinkers and makers alike. No programming is required to get your CNC machine up and running, but the option is there if you want to further customise your mill.
This is the latest iteration of Sparkfun's Shapeoko. The total footprint of the machine is 725mm x 600mm (28.5" x 23.6") and it has a working area of 425mm x 425mm x 75mm (16" x 16" x 3"). Remember that this kit DOESN'T come with a trim router, however, bear in mind that the Shapeoko is an adaptable 3D CNC machine so instead of a trim router, you could attach a 3D printer extruder, a pen, or even perhaps a laser cutter, the choice is yours.
This Shapeoko Deluxe Kit comes with cable wrappers for easy cable management, the latest firmware update, and thermal gap filler to electrically isolate the control board from the chassis.
**Note the Shapeoko Deluxe Kit comes with a US IEC cable, you'll need an Australia IEC cable for the unit to work**
- 1x SparkFun Stepoko (with thermal gap filler)
- 1x Shapeoko 3 CNC Machine - Mechanical Kit
- 4x Stepper Motor - 125 oz.in (200 steps/rev)
- 1x Power Supply - 24V 5A
- 1x Power Cable - 7A IEC C13
- 1x USB Cable A to B - 6 Foot
- 1x Toggle Switch
- 1x Big Red Box Enclosure (Milled)
- 3x Cable carrier
- Footprint: 725mm x 600mm (28.5" x 23.6")
- Cutting Area: 425mm x 425 mm x 75mm (16" x 16" x 3")
- Motion System: GT2 Belting, 2mm pitch with NEMA23 Motors
- Frame: SparkFun Red 10ga Formed Steel Plates with Aluminum Extrusions
- Recommended Spindle: Dewalt DW611 or Porter Cable 450
- Weight ~55lbs.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade