This 12" (300 mm) Y-cable is typically used to connect two servos to a single servo port on an RC receiver or servo controller. It has a single female JR connector connected to two male JR connectors, which means it is compatible with almost all of the RC servos Pololu sell (you can assume Pololu's servos have female JR connectors unless the servo’s product page specifically says otherwise). The connectors have gold-flashed contacts on a 0.1" spacing, and the cable is flat with 22-AWG wires.
The split occurs near the midpoint of the cable, so the two male ends can be separated by up to approximately 12".
Note: The cable’s female connector is the same as what is found on most generic servos and fits nicely with 0.1" male headers, but is often referred to as “male” in the RC hobby industry. Likewise, the cable’s male connectors are often referred to as “female” in the hobby industry because of the outer shroud, even though it internally consists of three male pins. The pictures below show the cable connectors labeled with Pololu's gender convention.
The shrouded male connectors on these cables are compatible with Futaba-style connectors. You can get a female Futaba J connector to fit by shaving down its polarizing tab. Alternatively, Pololu have slightly different flat and twisted versions of these cables that have the same female JR connector paired with two male Futaba J connectors, which means all ends are compatible with both JR and Futaba J connectors.
Servo cable color convention
- brown or black = ground (GND, battery negative terminal)
- red = servo power (Vservo, battery positive terminal)
- orange, yellow, white, or blue = servo control signal line
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.