This is the Simblee Starter Kit, a great trio of products in one box to help you get you started with and teach you the basics of Simblee. Inside this kit you will find three boards, the Simblee DIP mainboard, the USB programming shield, and the RGB LED/Button shield. When attached, the Simblee mainboard and the USB programming shield will be able to connect to the USB port on your computer and get your code through the Arduino IDE onto the RFduino DIP board. Add in the RGB LED/Button shield to give you a few simple inputs and outputs.
The Simblee is a Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy BLE RF Module with Built-In ARM Cortex-M0 for rapid development and prototyping projects. The Simble operates at 3.3V and only uses 10mA in RX mode (<3uA ULP), it also transmits on a 2.4 GHz band, and offers 128KB of flash memory with 24KB of RAM. Via a Bluetooth connection with your smartphone you can control or read data from your Simblee board in a custom interface. Meanwhile, on-board the RFduino USB Shield is a 3.3V regulator which can be used to supply power to the Simblee DIP module as well as other shields and possibly the rest of your circuit.
With this kit you won’t need to worry about buying the USB shield separately, it’s all in one box and ready to be used right away!
Note: The custom user interface requires a smartphone app. The app is currently available for iOS and should be available for Android in early 2016.
- Operating Voltage: 3V (Max 3.6V, Low 1.8V)
- Transmit/Recieve Current: 8-16mA (<3uA ULP)
- ARM Cortex M0 processor (running at 16MHz)
- 128KB Flash
- 24KB RAM
- Build iPhone and Android apps without Xcode or the Android SDK
- Built in AES encryption engine
- -93dBm receiver sensitivity
- -55dBm to +4dBm TX power
- 7 GPIO pins (6 with 10-bit Analog input)
- PWM, UART, SPI, I2C capabilites on most GPIO pins
- UART Programming over USB or Over the Air Programming
- CE, ETSI, IC, TELEC, and FCC approved
- SparkFun Simblee Product Line
- Schematic (USB Shield)
- Schematic (RGB/Button Shield)
- Quickstart Guide
- User Guide
- PCB Layout (USB Shield)
- PCB Layout (RGB/Button Shield)
- Simblee for Mobile iOS from the App Store
- Simblee Concepts
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- How to use an ESP8266 in the Arduino IDE
In August of 2014 Shanghai-based chip manufacturer, Espressif, released a ultra-cheap Serial to Wi-Fi chip called the ESP-01. At the heart of the ESP01 was an ESP8266 chip broken out into the 8 pins needed to program it via a microcontroller. You cou...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade