Knowing where your robot is can be very important! The RedBot Wheel Encoder allows you to track the number of revolutions each wheel has made. This sensor works by detecting the movement of small teeth connected to a motor through the reflection of infrared light. By measuring the amount of reflected infrared light you can tell not only how far each wheel has traveled but how fast the wheels are turning.
The encoder has a 6-pin header which connects directly to the RedBot Mainboard via female to female jumper wires. Use the included RedBot library to start detecting wheel measurments. Two mounting holes lets you easily connect this sensor to your robot chassis.
Check out the entire RedBot family of products!
Dimensions: 1.57 x 0.87 “ (40.07 x 22.32 mm)
- 5VDC operating voltage
- 2x Mounting Holes
- 2 Digital Outputs
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.