The BLE Nano from RedBearLab is one of the smallest Bluetooth 4.1 Low Energy (BLE) development boards in the market. At each BLE Nano’s core is a Nordic nRF51822, an ARM Cortex-M0 SoC plus BLE capable of running at 16MHz with ultra low power consumption. The RedBearLab BLE Nano also supports numerous different wireless devices running iOS 7/8, Android 4.3 or higher, and Windows Phone 8.1.
Developing a Bluetooth Smart enabled ‘appcessory’ (accessory device + companion application) is easier than ever. You can quickly produce prototypes and demos targeted for Internet of Things (IoT) and other interesting projects. The RedBearLab BLE Nano can operate under 1.8V to 3.3V, making it able to work in conjunction with a wide variety of electronic components. It should be noted that the RedBearLab BLE Nano can accept 3.3V to 13V from the VIN pin, however voltage will be regulated to 3.3V via the on-board LDO regulator due in part to the nRF51822 IC. It is important to keep in mind that you must have at least one MK20 USB board, found in the BLE Nano Kit, which is used to load firmware onto RedBearLab BLE Nano from a PC.
Note: The RedBearLab BLE Nano includes two 1x6 male headers that can be soldered on after purchase for easy interface. Additionally, you can find a complete pin-out for this board on the Product Page link found in the Documents section below.
- 1x RedBearLab BLE Nano
- 2x Header - 1x6 (Male, 0.1")
- Smallest BLE development board, only 18.5mm x 21.0mm
- Nordic nRF51822 ARM Cortex-M0 SoC supports both BLE Central and BLE Peripheral roles
- 2.4 GHz transceiver
- Ultra low power consumption
- Support voltage from 1.8V to 3.3V
- Software development using mbed.org, GCC, Keil or Arduino
- Lots of libraries and examples available
- Work with our free Android App and iOS App
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.