This product is retired, please consider our Raspberry Pi Motor Board v1.0 as your alternative choice.
- Comprehensive and easy to use Python library
- Supplied fully assembled - no soldering
- Bi-directional control of two motors (L293 chip)
- Variable (PWM) power control. This allows you to both control the speed of the motors independently and use lower voltage motors than the voltage of your battery pack.
- Supplies the Raspberry Pi with upto 2A using a switch mode power supply - run a fully loaded Pi and the Robot from 6 x AA batteries
- Rangefinder header socket directly compatible with a cheap HC-SR-04 ultrasonic range finder. Just plug it in
- 5V I2C header, pin compatible with Adafruit displays
- Two buffered open collector outputs
- Two LEDsTwo switch inputs
- Screw terminals for motors and battery
For full information on installing the library and controlling your RRBv2 from Python, see the library's github page here.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.