You want to get hacking with your Pi fast, right? Get everything you need to start with the Adafruit Starter Pack for Raspberry Pi. It's the perfect accompaniment to your new Pi, everything you need to boot up your Pi Model B and get going. Adafruit pre-assemble the Cobbler for you, no soldering required.
This pack includes a single Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB RAM! Please note this is a pack for the older Model B Pi not the Raspberry Pi 2! Adafruit recommend upgrading to the B+ or to the Raspberry Pi 2 unless you have a reason to stick with the B. Click here for the B+ starter pack! Click Here for the Pi 2 starter pack!
This pack contains:
- Raspberry Pi Model B 512MB RAM Please note some boards are made in the UK, some China. WE DO NOT KNOW IN ADVANCE WHICH ONES YOU MAY RECEIVE!
- Adafruit Pi Case - Keeps your Pi snug and safe, and is compatible with the GPIO cable and cobbler! Durable and chic, snaps together in seconds.
- 3' long USB Micro-B Cable - Use this to power the Pi from a computer or the 5V 1A adapter
- 5V 1A power adapter - this ain't no regular USB power plug! Adafruit had these custom made specifically for use with embedded Linux machines like the Pi. It provides clean 1A minimum with 5.25V to overcome the 0.25V drop of the USB cable
- USB TTL console cable - The easiest method by far to talk to the Pi - simply connect the black, green and white wires to the GPIO header and connect using a terminal program! Works great for 'headless' Pi hacking
- 4GB SD card for Raspberry Pi preinstalled with Raspbian Wheezy - 4GB microSDHC card programmed with the latest Raspberry Pi Linux distribution.
- Adafruit Pi Cobbler with GPIO cable - Adafruit now have this part pre-assembled so you don't have to solder it! Makes connecting to the GPIO/I2C/SPI/Power pins easy as pie, for Model B Revision 1.0
- Large full-size breadboard - This breadboard has plenty of space for a Cobbler and your circuits, with an adhesive back you can attach it. Adafruit now ship white breadboards, not clear ones
- Premium Male/Male Jumper Wires - 20 x 6" (150mm) - These jumper wires are great for making wire harness or jumpering between headers on PCBs. We include the longer ones so they work well with the full-size breadboard.
- USB WiFi Module - Give your Rasp Pi the Internet with this USB port WiFi module, this module is compact but has great range and is plenty fast.
- Embroidered Raspberry Pi badge - beautiful jewel-tone embroided badges are made with solar power and are iron on. Adafruit supports the Raspberry Pi foundation with donations and have permission to make these badges.
- BONUS PARTS! Everyone loves bonuses so they include some parts that will get you through some of the tutorials on the Adafruit Learning System. These include:
- 1x Photo Cell
- 5x 10K 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 5x 560 ohm 5% 1/4W Resistor
- 2x Diffused 10mm Blue LED
- 1x Electrolytic Capacitor - 1.0uF
- 2x Diffused 10mm Red LED
- 2x Diffused 10mm Green LED
- 3x 12mm Tactile Switches
- 2x 10K Tim Potentiometers
This pack is a great way to start and will let you boot up & connect your Pi to the 'net and follow these tutorials to whet your appetite:
- Introduction to outputs - Light up an LED when you get more email
- Introduction to inputs - Play MP3 audio files when three different buttons are pressed
- Introduction to sensors - Reading a photo cell sensor with RC timing to detect light changes
Please note, some boards are made in the UK, some in China.
- As of Oct 14, 2013 Adafruit have update this pack to include 12mm tactile buttons instead of 6mm, WiFi adapter instead of Ethernet cable, 6" premium jumper wires instead of basic jumper wires, and preinstalled Raspbian card instead of blank card and USB microSD reader.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.