The Model B+ is the higher-spec variant of the Raspberry Pi. It was released to replace the original Model B in mid 2014. Comparing with Model B it has below features:
- More GPIO: The GPIO header has expanded to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.
- More USB: It now have 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Improved Micro SD: The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower Power Consumption: By replacing linear regulators with switching ones we’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better Audio: The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- Neater Form Factor: We’ve aligned the USB connectors with the board edge, moved composite video onto the 3.5mm jack, and added four squarely-placed mounting holes.
- Broadcom BCM2835 SoC
- 700 MHz ARM1176JZF-S core CPU
- Broadcom VideoCore IV GPU
- 512 MB RAM
- 4 x USB2.0 Ports
- Video Out via full size HDMI, 3.5mm A/V Jack or Raw LCD (DSI) interface
- Audio Out via 3.5mm A/V Jack or Audio over HDMI
- Audio In via CAMERA interface
- Storage: micro SD slot
- 10/100 Ethernet (RJ45)
- Low-Level Peripherals:
- 26 x GPIO
- I2C bus
- SPI bus with two chip selects
- Power Requirements: 600mA up to [email protected] via MicroUSB or GPIO Header
- Size: 87 x 58.5 x 19mm
- Supports Debian GNU/Linux, Fedora, Arch Linux, RISC OS and More!
- Raspberry Pi Module B 512MB RAM (1 unit)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.