We're incredibly excited to be able to offer a Raspberry Pi Workshop right here in Newcastle. In this workshop, we'll introduce you to the wonderful world that is Raspberry Pi. We'll take a look at the different ways it can be used, how to install operating systems, how to code with Python and interface with real world hardware to control the world around you.
You will use our own Raspberry Pi's and hardware, there is no "take home" gear (you're welcome to buy stuff afterwards if you like). Our workshops will empower you with a range of skills to kickstart your next Raspberry Pi project. You will get hands-on with the latest Raspberry Pi hardware, setup a development environment (using our LCDs / keyboards and mice) and learn to code / interface with other hardware. By the end of this course we cover off on:
- An introduction of Raspberry Pi hardware and specifications
- How to setup operating systems
- How to use Terminal
- How to code with Python and BASH on a Raspberry Pi Model B
- How to build circuits and prototype with Raspberry Pi gear
- How to interface with inputs on the GPIO
- How to control outputs on the GPIO
- How to use Pi Hats (modular expansion boards)
- How to download external packages to fast track development with Pi Hat's / other hardware
- How to update your operating system
- How to get support in the future / tips for next steps
Our structured and focused approach will fast track you through the technical hurdles that people often face. This course is incredibly empowering if you are new to embedded electronics or need a nudge in the right direction. Plus we're here to support you afterwards as we're full time makers and are always eager to help out where we can. You'll be able to re-use the hardware on our monthly Maker Open Day or share the projects you've been working on.
The important stuff:
- Ages 16-infinity
- 2 to 2.5 hour workshop
- Parents can drop off and pick up - no need to hang around
- Located at Core Electronics. Use Google Maps to find us, or dial in this address "Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade, Adamstown, 2289"
- Questions / queries; get in touch with us.
Weekend workshops have a fee to cover the direct costs of weekend labour rates. We often go into more depth on weekend courses as we have the time to dive into other topics.
If you are bringing a friend then change the QTY field from "1" to "2". Seats are limited to ensure the best possible experience and ability for you to ask questions.
NOTE - Commencing May 2017, each seat will cost $10. On the day of the workshop, you will receive a $15 store credit for each seat (yep, we'll give you more than you gave us). The booking fee is non-refundable and the store credit is only available if you attend. Our goal is to keep these workshops as close to "free" as possible, but avoid no-shows (especially given all the effort we put into them!)
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...