Notice: This kit DOES NOT include the Raspberry Pi 3.
Since Raspberry Pi 3 comes out, people are getting crazy about it – higher speed, more horse power, and most excitedly, the built-in WiFi and Bluetooth Low Energy(BLE) that provides an excellent IoT solution. Now we can do even more and much better with such a credit card-sized computer.
Some of you might see the Pi as a single-board computer and work with it, or see it as an IoT solution to build interesting stuff with it, but for me, most of time I see it as a fairly PORTABLE, and super easy-to-use MEDIA CENTER, all thanks to this Raspberry Pi 3 Media Center Kit.
This kit is absolutely out-of-box as it comes with a 16 GB MicroSD card (class 10) that has been pre-installed with the OSMC system, which is a free open source media center based on Debian Linux and Kodi Media Center, it can play all major media formats you may about to use. Beyond the SD card, the kit also provides most of accessories you need, such as a high quality 5V 2.1A power adapter (American Standard) and a Micro USB cable with build-in switch for the power supply, and a HDMI cable for the connection between your Pi and the monitor. There is a 300M WiFi USB adapter as well, simply plug it in to give your Rasp Pi internet.
Considering that you don’t want your Pi to be ‘naked’ all the time, an elegant enclosure is included to be put on your Raspberry Pi 3. Also as we know, even if the Pi 3 has much better performance than Pi2, they do share the similar appearance, if you want to use it with your Pi B+/2, just do it.
- • 1x 16 GB MicroSD card (class 10) with preinstalled OSMC:
- OSMC is a free open source media center designed with good-looking and simple-to-use user interface. It is based on Debian Linux and Kodi Media Center, which can play all major media formats out there.
- • 1xRaspberry Pi 3 Arc Enclosure - Transparent:
- An plastic enclosure that is easy to assemble, fits for both Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi B+/2.
- • 1x5V 2.1A Power Adapter (American Standard):
- A high quality power adapter that has been certificated with FCC&CE.
- • 1xMicro USB with build-in switch – 1.5 Meter:
- The built-in switch comes very handy here, as you don’t need to pull off the cable every time when you want to turn off the power.
- • 1xHDMI Cable – 1.5 Meter:
- This 1.5 meter HDMI cable allows you to set up your media equipment easily and quickly.
- • 1x 300M Wireless USB Adapter:
- Plug this in to give your Raspberry Pi 3 internet.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.