The Qwiic Shield for Raspberry Pi connects the I2C bus (GND, 3.3V, SDA, and SCL) on the 40-pin Pi connector to the SparkFun Qwiic system. Just plug the shield onto your Pi 3, Pi Zero, or Pi ZeroW, plug in a cable, and start playing with a variety of sensors and actuators. There are four connectors, all on the same I2C bus, so you can connect multiple devices.
The shield was designed to work conveniently with our popular Pi Tin enclosure included in the Raspberry Pi Starter Kit. Unlike most Pi Hats this board sits to the side of the Raspberry Pi to make it easy to connect boards when the enclosure is in place. Be sure to follow the ‘USB->’ indicator on the board!
The Raspberry Pi has a 50mA limit on the 3.3V pin so we’ve included a 3.3V regulator that can provide up to 600mA with short circuit and thermal protection. Additionally, we’ve broken out the major pins and made them accessible through an empty 0.1" footprint allowing you to turn your prototype into something a little more permanent.
The Qwiic system enables fast and solderless connection between popular platforms and various sensors and actuators. You can read more about the Qwiic system here. We carry 50mm, 100mm, 200mm, 500mm, and breadboard friendly Qwiic cables.
We do not plan to regularly produce SparkX products so get them while they’re hot!
- Four Qwiic connectors
- 3.3V regulator up to 600mA
- Connector: SM04B-SRSS or equivalent
- Power, I2C, Serial, SPI, and a variety of GPIOs exposed in 0.1" header for easy soldering
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.