The Qwiic Shield for Arduino connects the I2C bus (GND, 3.3V, SDA, and SCL) on any Arduino compatible board to the SparkFun Qwiic system. We’ve included conversion circuitry from 5V to 3.3V, so you don’t have to worry about using the Qwiic system with 5V (or 3.3V) devices. Just plug the shield onto your Arduino or RedBoard, plug in a cable, and start playing with a variety of sensors and actuators. There are four connectors, all on the same I2C bus, so you can connect multiple devices.
Additionally, there is a large prototyping area with paired holes! Each pair has a horizontal trace connecting them that enables a DIP package or components to be wired together. A white silkscreen line indicates the location of each trace. This trace can be cut with a knife to break the connection if needed.
This product includes the R3 stackable headers to connect to the Arduino Uno, RedBoard, and many other Arduino compatible devices.
The Qwiic system enables fast and solderless connection between popular platforms and various sensors and actuators. You can read more about the Qwiic system here. We carry 200mm, 100mm, 50mm, and breadboard friendly Qwiic cables.
We do not plan to regularly produce SparkX products so get them while they’re hot!
- Four Qwiic connectors
- Protects and converts 3.3V I2C signals to 5V as needed
- Connector: SM04B-SRSS or equivalent
- All Arduino pins are broken out for easy soldering
- Large prototyping area
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.