The MLX90393 is a tri-axial magnetic sensor capable of sensing very small fields (like the Earth’s magnetic field) while behaving as one would want and expect during saturation in larger fields (like a near by magnet). It turns out the favorite HMC5883L and other such sensors that are intended for compass applications have a low dynamic range but also strange and undefined behavior in large fields. Ted Yapo did an incredibly extensive characterization of the sensor over on Hackaday. He published his controlled experiments testing a few sensors and found the MLX90393 to be superior.
The MLX90393 can be used as a compass sensor but also works well as a non-contact controller (joystick), flow meter (with magnetic impeller), or a linear actuator positional sensor.
We do not plan to regularly produce SparkX products so get them while they’re hot!
This is an update to our original MLX90393 breakout board, now with Qwiic connectors! The Qwiic system enables fast and solderless connection between popular platforms and various sensors and actuators. You can read more about the Qwiic system here.
- Dual Qwiic connectors for fast connection and optional daisy-chaining
- Resolution: 0.161µT
- Max full scale resolution: 44,000µT
- Requires 3.3V
- I2C or SPI interface (selectable jumper)
- User selectable I2C address supports up to four sensors on the I2C bus at a time.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.