The Qualia Retina driver board is a work of art (it was designed by resident engineer KTOWN). It's used in the Adafruit Qualia 9.7" DisplayPort Monitor Kit and Adafruit use the really awesome LT3754 as a 12-channel constant current driver with individual backlight string channel control. This gives the backlight perfect consistency over any usage or temperature range. A ATtiny85 handles the backlight dimming and soft on/off, so you can PWM the backlight over a range to get the look you want.
This driver is available for advanced users only! The Molex connector that is used to connect to the LG display is insanely delicate and breaks very very very easily if you are not very careful! If you order this driver board and break the connector, it may no longer work and Adafruit cannot repair it. If you break it you may have to buy another driver. We do not offer any returns, refunds or replacements! Do not purchase if you are not comfortable with this risk!
If you'd like a plug-n-play, easy to use kit with the TFT already attached to the delicate connector, please purchase Adafruit's Qualia kit!
- Dimensions: 45mm x 85mm / 1.8" x 3.4"
- Mounting Holes Distance: 37mm x 77mm / 1.5" x 3"
- Weight: 21g
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.