The Qik Dual Serial Motor Controller is Pololu?s second-generation dual serial motor controller. The compact module allows any microcontroller or computer with a serial port (external RS-232 level converter required) to easily drive two small, brushed DC motors with full direction and speed control. It provides ultrasonic, 8-bit PWM speed control via an advanced, two-way serial protocol that features automatic baud rate detection up to 38.4 kbps and optional CRC error checking. Two status LEDs give visual feedback about the serial connection and any encountered error conditions, making debugging easy, and a demo mode allows easy verification of proper operation.
This controller also supports daisy-chaining the Qik to other Qiks and Pololu serial motor and servo controllers, allowing the control of an almost unlimited number of motors and servos with a single serial line.
It can also be configured to use 15.7 kHz, 7.8 kHz, or 3.9 kHz PWM frequencies.
- Simple bidirectional control of two DC brush motors
- 4.5 V to 13.5 V motor supply range
- 1 A maximum continuous current per motor (3 A peak)
- 2.7 V to 5.5 V logic supply range
- Logic-level, non-inverted, two-way serial control for easy connection to microcontrollers or robot controllers
- Optional automatic baud rate detection up to 38400bps
- Two on-board indicator LEDs (status/heartbeat and serial error indicator) for debugging and feedback
- Serial error output to make it easier for the main controller to recover from a serial error condition
- Jumper-enabled demo mode allowing initial testing without any programming
- Optional CRC error detection eliminates serial errors caused by noise or software faults
- Optional motor shutdown on serial error or timeout for additional safety
- Supports daisy-chaining the qik to other qiks and Pololu serial motor and servo controllers, allowing the control of an almost unlimited number of motors and servos with a single serial line
- Motor driver: TB6612FNG
- Motor channels: 2
- Control interface: non-inverted TTL serial
- Minimum operating voltage: 4.5 V
- Maximum operating voltage: 13.5 V
- Continuous output current per channel: 1 A
- Peak output current per channel: 3 A
- Maximum PWM frequency: 32 kHz
- Minimum logic voltage: 2.7 V
- Maximum logic voltage: 5.5 V
- Reverse voltage protection?: Y
Dimensions: 0.70" x 1.2"
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.