NOTE: Does not include the WiPy
- USB and LiPo battery powered
- Custom PIC USB to serial converter with automatic bootloader mode
- LiPo battery charger (BQ24040), with options for two different charging currents (100mA and 450mA)
- TPS2115A with reverse voltage protection
- MicroSD card slot
- JST style battery connector
- Power LED and charge status LED
- One user LED and one user switch
- Button to enter into “safe mode” easily
- Battery voltage monitoring via the WiPy ADC
- Lots of jumpers to enable/disable features
- Size: 65 x 50 x 8mm
- Weight: 18g
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to Build Internet-Connected Electronics Projects
What do we mean when we talk about the "Internet of Things"? Mostly we're talking about tiny computers that have access to the internet and do some useful work. Unlike the computers we're used to holding in our hands, they don't have a touchscreen an...
- WS2812 / NeoPixel Addressable LEDs: Pycom Quickstart Guide
Sometimes all a good Pycom project needs is some colourful lights! This tutorial demonstrates how to control WS2812 LEDs with the Pycom Wipy and Lopy4. WS2812 or WS2812B LEDs (otherwise known as NeoPixels) are the most commonly used RGB LEDs on ...
- How to Debug MicroPython Code
When you are working on microcontrollers it can be very difficult to know what your code is doing, with MicroPython we can use REPL (Read Evaluate Print Loop) to see the debug output and run python commands in real time. This tutorial will be lo...
- Temperature Sensing with the TMP36 and Pycom
The TMP36 is a low cost, easy to use sensor that fits well with any project. With the TMP36, adding temperature sensing to your Pycom project is easy! In this tutorial, we will use the Pycom Lopy4, and send our measured data to The Things Network via...
- Light Sensing with an LDR and Pycom
One of the simplest sensors in any makers toolkit is a light sensor or LDR. An LDR works by changing its resistance from 1k ohm to 10K ohm depending on how much light is striking it. In this tutorial, we will show you how to use one with a Pycom Lopy...
- Ultrasonic Sensing with Pycom
One of the most common sensors in any makers toolbox is the HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Rangefinder. They are an easy to use solution for detecting the proximity of objects up to 6m away! They work best in the 1-2 meter range though. In this tutorial, we will...
- IoT Soundscape
I had been captivated by the sound levels of trains I could hear passing by Metford throughout the day/night. I wondered if a sound level sensor reporting data back over LoRa would help me understand when a train was noisy. I also like the idea of seeing or visualising a problem, in this case, an ambient sound level. As you deconstruct a problem it consists of information & that information consists of data. As such, if I cou...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.