We asked ourselves what we would want in a project board. What would an ideal platform for most any given project look like? After putting a laundry list together of ‘wants’ and ‘needs’, we created the SparkFun Protoboards. We hope you like it as much as we do.
The marsupial naming convention is what happens when you let Engineers into a Marketing meeting. They looked so happy, we just couldn’t tell them no. Koala is the board with USB serial, charging, and PTH proto.
This is a project board specially designed to fit the Sparkfun Enclosures. The board provides the user with 3.3V and 5V regulated rails from a single Lithium Polymer battery. USB serial communication is also on-board with an FTDI FT232 USB chip, with selectable 3.3V or 5V logic. Many of the serial pins of the FT232RL, including RTS, are broken out. Finally, the board has a generous prototyping area for through-hole components (2.54mm, 100mil spaced holes).
A LiPo battery plugs into the provided JST connector, and charging is available over USB. The latest version of this board has a revised charging circuit featuring the MCP73831!
- [email protected]
- [email protected] (DC-DC Step Up)
- LiPo Battery Connection (3.8V nominal)
- USB-Serial TTL connection
- Large Prototyping Area for PTH
- Fits our SparkFun Project Case
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.