Unleash your inner electrical engineer with this exciting new premium 3D printing filament. Since 3D printed objects have varying structures within them, the resistance across the 3D printed object varies as well! The resistance of the 3D printed object can be different when measured across the sides of the object than the resistance when measured from the top to the bottom.
Due to the carbon powder blended into this filament, we strongly recommend using a LulzBot Tool Head with a .5mm nozzle for optimal 3D printing performance.
While Lulzbot's internal testing with the LulzBot Hexagon Hot End has not encountered measurable wear on the tool head, pay attention for any print quality changes.
Use Conductive PLA filament for low-voltage printed-in-place applications such as contacts, switches, and even internal wiring traces. This premium 3D printing filament can also interact with some touch sensors and even touch screens.
- Filament Diameter: 2.85 mm
- Amount of Filament: 500g
- Average Length of Filament: 77 m
- Filament color may vary
- Estimated resistance of 3D printed parts when measured perpendicular to the layers along the X/Y axis: 30 ohm-cm
- Estimated resistance of 3D printed parts when measured through the layers along the Z axis: 115 ohm-cm
- Special Tool Head Requirements: LulzBot Hexagon Hot End with 0.50mm nozzle recommended
- Hot End Temperature Range: 215°C-230°C
- Print Surface: PEI film recommended
- Print Surface Temperature: 60°C
Conductive PLA filament ships vacuum sealed and mounted on a reel.
Find the most up-to-date print profiles, including hot end and print bed temperatures, by selecting your Free Software program of choice:
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- How to 3D Print Your Own Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ Case
So you've got your Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+ and need a case to house it in. In this short guide we're going to step through the considerations you should take when designing your own case, as well as provide you with all the files you need to 3D print...
- Tune your First Layer - Z Offsets
Out of the box, a LulzBot 3D Printer comes tuned to perform exactly as you need it to. But over time we flash new firmwares, take our printers cross country, swap tool heads, perform cold pulls and a whole swathe of other things that could slowly tak...
- Support Material: Printing and Removal
By default, FFF/FDM 3D Printers require the 3D Models they print to grow up from the Print bed at an angle of 45 or more. This is by far the biggest limitation of all 3D Printers. To print models that don't follow that rule, and have parts hanging ou...
- Designing FDM 3D Printed Parts for Manufacture
Recently, we've talked a lot about Slicing software, settings, materials and the like. It's time to take a deeper dive into the actual design of model files. We've got a basics guide for Computer Aided Design available here. We're going to help expla...
- OctoPrint Integration with Cura 2.6+ Lulzbot Edition
OctoPrint Integration is one of my favourite new features in Cura 2.6+: LulzBot Edition. In short, this integration means that you can print and control your 3D Printer via it's OctoPrint server. All from within your slicer window on your PC. The cur...
- Concrete Lamp
Welcome to my project on how to make a very stylish lamp out of a potentially un-stylish material - concrete! To be honest, style (or rather beauty) is in the eye of the beholder and so I'll leave it up to you to decide if it fits in your surroundings or not. What do you think? All the necessary steps are here but if you don't like reading the just sit back, relax and watch the video instead. When I said to people at work that I...
- Time lapsing in OctoPrint (Properly!)
Now that we have decked out our Lulzbot Taz 6 3D Printer with a really nice looking acrylic enclosure, I'm just about ready to turn on some serious 3D printing work. But before I dive into that endless pool of fun, it's a good time to take 5 minutes and set up our Taz 6 and it's OctoPrint Server with a bed-mounted camera and light system. That way I can monitor my prints from the other side of the warehouse using OctoPrint, and m...
- Meet 'Holman' the Ultimate Bluetooth Speaker
Who says you can't have it all? Good looks and a great sound! My name is 'Holman" and I'm a Bluetooth speaker in the form of mans best friend - a dog of course! Why is my name Holman? Well, that's the name of the manufacturer of the PVC pipe I used and the name grew on me as I completed the project! Whilst this might look like a complex project if you have access to the metric PVC pipe and a 3D printer I'm actually quite easy t...
- The Hipster Coaster
We wanted to make a interactive display of the fun that can be had with DIY projects to take to Sydney Mini Maker Faire. We decided to do so by utilising the TinkerKit Braccio from Arduino.org, alongside some 3D Printing ingenuity, for an engaging display for all ages. Enter the Hipster Coaster in all its glory. All the parts were printed seperately on our family of Lulzbot 3D Printers, later stuck together using a mi...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.