The Pololu serial 8-servo controller allows you to control up to eight RC servos with almost any robot controller or computer. The interface to the servo controller is a standard RS-232 serial port or a TTL-level serial line, using any baud rate between 1200 and 38400 baud. Multiple 8-servo controllers can be connected to a single serial line to control up to 128 servos independently. The servo controller is compatible with all of Pololu's serial motor controllers and servo controllers. The servo controller is also compatible with the Scott Edwards MiniSSC II servo controller and any software written for it.
All of the ports are conveniently labeled on the back of the PCB. This servo controller can be reset directly from a serial port using the DTR or RTS handshaking lines. Other unique features include individual servo speed and range control. Three diagnostic LEDs get you up and running quickly.
You can purchase the servo controller as a partial kit that requires soldering of the through-hole components (header pins and DB9 connector) or as a completely assembled unit. The Pololu serial 8-servo controller is not a standalone device: to use it, you must connect it to power supplies, servos, and a main controller that you program to send commands to the servo controller.
- PCB size: 1.22" x 1.95"
- Servo ports: 8
- Resolution: 0.5 µs (about 0.05°)
- Range: 250-2750 µs
- Logic supply voltage: 5-16 V
- Data voltage: 0 and 5 V
- Pulse rate: 50 Hz
- Serial baud rate: 1200-38400 (automatically detected)
Note: This product no longer ships with a printed user’s manual. The user’s manual can be downloaded as a pdf from the resources tab of this product page.
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.