What's better than Adafruit's PiTFT 2.8 display? How about a custom-designed enclosure for said PiTFT+Pi, in handsome midnight-blue?
The case is crafted out of ten unique layers which assemble to make a strong and attractive home for your precious Pi.
Each layer is laser cut from colorful high-quality cast acrylic and once stacked they securely contain a Raspberry Pi while leaving the primary ports, including the CSI camera port, accessible.
Weighing only 104 grams the case is lightweight and ideal for mounting to any surface. Held together by nylon bolts no tools are required for assembly or disassembly.
- Fits a Raspberry Pi with Adafruit PiTFT addon board
- Provides a breakout for the GPIO extender by snapping off a section of layer 4 (for more information on this, check out the tutorial section!)
- Slim profile
- Cut-out top to allow access to the touch screen and optional switches
- High-quality cast acrylic
- Protects your Raspberry Pi and PiTFT
- Leaves primary ports accessible
- Colorful, durable, and most of all fun!
- No tools required
This product does not include Adafruit PiTFT 2.8", Raspberry Pi, GPIO Cable, or any of Adafruit's Pi Camera Extension cables. It also doesn't fit the 'vintage' Rev.1 Raspberry Pi Model B: The P2 JTAG header gets in the way. This enclosure is not compatible with the Raspberry Pi Model B+ or the PiTFT 3.5" display
PiTFT Pibow kit (1:39)
- Dimensions: 32mm x 95mm x 64mm (1.3" x 3.7" x 2.5")
- Weight: 79g
Routing a GPIO cable to the header on PiTFT
To route a GPIO cable out of the case from the header on the PiTFT you need to snap away the thin section from layer 4 (as shown in the image below):
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.