The Pimoroni Unicorn HAT is a “shield” for the Raspberry Pi that sports a matrix of 64 (8x8) addressable RGB LEDs that are powered directly from the Pi. The Unicorn HAT provides a wash of controllable color that is ideal for mood lighting, 8x8 pixel art, persistence of vision effects, status indications, or just blasting color into your surroundings.
Each Pimoroni Unicorn Hat easily snaps on top of a Raspberry Pi equipped with a 40-pin (2x20) GPIO. Pimoroni has created a GitHub repository bundling the Unicorn Hat software with a set of examples to get you started in an easy-to-use Python module, so all you have to worry about is setting the color you want each pixel to be.
- 64 RGB LEDs (WS2812B)
- Python API
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3, 2, B+, and A+
- EEPROM with Raspberry Pi HAT configuration details
- LED data driven via DMA over PWM
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.