Using Pimoroni's Python API you can read off the positional data (x, y, z) and common gestures like flick left, tap, and double tap.
- Electrical near-field 3D/gesture sensing
- 4-layer PCB for best sensing performance
- Senses from up to 5cm away
- Full 3D position data and gesture information (swipes, taps)
- Comes fully assembled
- Full Python API
This is only compatible with the Raspberry Pi Models Pi 2, A+, and B+!
Because the sensing distance is up to 5cm you can mount the Skywriter HAT behind a sheet of non-conductive material (like acrylic or fabrics) and completely hide it inside your project.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.