The Pimoroni Picade Controller PCB is an Arduino-compatible board with an integrated 3W stereo amplifier designed for use in arcade projects (like the Picade Cabinet or Picade Console Controller). Basically its everything-you-need to make a Pi ready for your very own DIY arcade console project.
The controller comes fully assembled and behaves like a keyboard when plugged in via USB and has a default key-mapping (though you can reprogram it using the Arduino IDE). Connections are made using screw terminals for a solid, permanent installation.
It uses the same micro-controller as the Arduino Leonardo (the ATmega32U4) and is pre-installed with the Arduino bootloader and Pimoroni software.
- Powered by an ATmega32U4 (32KB, 2.5K RAM @ 16MHz)
- 6-pin ISP header for direct programming (also pre-loaded with Arduino bootloader)
- Includes a stereo 3W amplifier (PAM8407) for use with 4Ω speakers
- Appears as a USB HID device (keyboard) to the host
- Screw terminal contacts for four-direction Joystick, 12 buttons, and two speakers
- Reset button
- Mounting holes
- Power, Bootload, TX, and RX LED indicators
Note: PCBs may come blue or red which is out of Adafruit's control. Functionally they're the same!
- Mounting Hole Distances: 59.4mm x 49.3mm / 2.3" x 1.9"
Product Dimensions: 75.4mm x 60.1mm x 12.1mm / 3.0" x 2.4" x 0.5"
Product Weight: 27.5g / 1.0oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade