This great bundle from Pimoroni provides everything you need to get up and running with the new Pi Zero W!
It's got an SD card with operating system pre-loaded, a smart and colorful Pibow Zero W case, and even one of Pimoroni's lovely Blinkt! multicolor LED strips to take your first steps with coding in Python!
- Pi Zero W (header requires soldering, or try a no-solder hammer header)
- Pibow case
- 8GB micro-SD card with operating system pre-loaded
- Blinkt! multicolor LED strip
- Male 2x20 pin header
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable
- USB A (female) to micro B (male) adaptor
- Mini to full-size HDMI adaptor
- Sticker sheet (personalize your Pibow!)
- Comes in a reusable kit box
The built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth on the Pi Zero W frees up the micro-USB port, and makes for a really tiny package when using the Zero W in embedded, headless Internet of Things projects. Or why not use a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard, and hide your Pi behind your monitor or TV?
Pimoroni's beautiful Pibow case will keep your Pi Zero W protected from bumps and bruises. It has a clear top layer, and frosted red, purple, and blue layers. The clever design leaves the GPIO pins free, letting you attach Adafruit's add-on boards like the Blinkt! while your Pi is still safely ensconced in its case. You can use the included sticker sheet to personalize your Pibow!
The included 8GB micro-SD card comes pre-loaded with the Raspbian operating system. Just remove it from the larger SD card adapter, pop it into the slot on your Pi Zero W before putting it into the Pibow case, and you'll be up-and-running in next to no time.
The Blinkt! multicolor LED strip is the perfect way to take your first steps with coding in Python. Pimoroni's Getting Started with Blinkt! guide will teach you the basics, and there's a bunch of code examples in the Blinkt! GitHub code repository to give you an idea of what's possible.
- Blinkt! with eight APA102 RGB LEDs
- Pi Zero W with single core CPU and built-in wireless LAN and Bluetooth
- Pibow Zero W acrylic case
- 8GB micro-SD card with NOOBS pre-loaded
- USB and HDMI adapter kit
- 50cm USB A to micro-B cable (power your Pi from an existing charger or computer)
- Python library
- Female and male headers require soldering
- Pimoroni's Python library will give you full control over your Blinkt! There's even a nifty one-line installer to get everything set up super-quick. There are details on how to get started in Pimoroni's tutorial.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.