In the beginning there was Inky pHAT, a triumvirate of eInk bonnets from Pimoroni. And now, Pimoroni has upped their electronic paper displays to 4.2" glorious inches! Say hellooo to Inky wHAT! You get 5x the number of pixels (400x300!) to use as an e-reader or maybe a weather display / calendar.
Everything comes fully-assembled, so there's no soldering required! The display is securely plonked down to the Inky wHAT and connected via a ribbon cable. Just pop Inky wHAT on your Pi and run their installer to get everything set up!
The engineers at Pimoroni broke out some handy pins on the back of Inky wHAT, including I2C and SPI, letting you connect additional devices like breakouts and allowing you to show their data right on the display. Refreshing the display takes about 25 seconds.
- 4.2" EPD display (400x300 pixels)
- 40-pin female header to boost height for Pi B+, 2, 3, 3B+
- Standoffs to securely attach to your Pi
- Additional pins, including I2C and SPI, broken out
- Inky wHAT pinout
- Compatible with Raspberry Pi 3 B+, 3, 2, B+, A+, Zero, and Zero W
- Python library
- Comes fully assembled
Note: The Inky wHAT display is made from glass so it's pretty fragile. Be careful not to hulk smash or press too hard on it, or it will crack. When fitting the wHAT, grip at the edges of the board rather than pressing on top.
- For product support, replacement parts and warranty for Pimoroni products visit the Pimoroni forum or contact Pimoroni directly.
Product Dimensions: 91.0mm x 77.0mm x 8.5mm / 3.6" x 3.0" x 0.3"
Product Weight: 46.7g / 1.6oz
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $9.95 for Express Post (Overnight for most of Australia, 2+ days for rural, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.