For all those who feared their Game Boy days would be but a memory, worry no more! The Game Boy may be dead, but with this pack you'll have a chance to revive it. Adafruit have collected all the right parts so you can assemble the guts of your very own DIY GameGRRL - a portable Raspberry Pi running MAME and NES emulators.
It's called the PiGRRL and it's powered by a Raspberry Pi Model B and a PiTFT display. You'll have to do all the assembly and installation yourself to get gaming, but Adafruit's learn guide will help you get through the process.
The PiGRRL has just about everything you need to make this project EXCEPT the case. You will need to 3D print your own case - but check out our 3D printing guide for the pack so you or your friend can 3D print an enclosure. You will also need to solder together the parts so many hand tools and other small parts such as screws or blue tack are required. Please read through the tutorial so you can see what else is needed to complete this project
Please note this is a medium-difficulty project that uses many Maker skills such as soldering, 3D printing and installing Linux!
This pack includes:
- 1x Raspberry Pi Model B
- 1x PiTFT - Assembled 320x240 2.8" TFT+Touchscreen for Raspberry Pi
- 1x GPIO Ribbon Cable for Raspberry Pi Model B
- 1x PowerBoost 500 Basic
- 1x Mini Lipo w/Mini-B USB Jack - USB Lilon/LiPoly Charger
- 1x SNES Controller
- 1x Lithium Ion Cylindrical Battery - 3.7v 2200mAh
- 1x Breadboard-friendly SPDT Slide Switch
- 1x JST 2-pin Cable
- 1x SD/MicroSD Memory Card (4 GB SDHC)
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.