Get your Particle (formally known as Spark) Photon moving with a PhoBot Robotics shield. No, this is not a robot that makes you a delicious bowl of Vietnamese soup. Instead, it's a board from Simon Monk that's kind of like a Motorshield for your Spark Core or Particle Photon that makes controlling small robots easy!
The board features bi-directional motor control using a TB6612 dual H-bridge, so it can control one stepper motor or two brushed DC motors with 4.5-13VDC power and about 1A current draw per motor. There's also two open drain 2A MOSFET outputs for things like solenoids or large LEDs. There's a socket for a HC-SR04 sonar sensor, and a socket breakout available to use with 5V i2c interface sensors. The board provides 5V regulated power to Photon or Core with a max input voltage of 12V.
There's an accompanying C library here to help you get your PhoBot up and running and SparkCore or Photon controlling robots!
Note: This product is just the PhoBot. This product does not contain the Photon.
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.