We love 7-segment displays and we know you do too, so we have made the easiest (arguably) to use medium for you to get up and running and use! This yellow OpenSegment Shield was specifically designed to run on top of most Arduino Uno compatible boards, all you need to do is attach headers to the shield and snap it in, no bread boards required. The OpenSegment Shield still combines a classic 4-digit 7-segment display and an ATMega328 microcontroller allowing you to control every segment individually using only a few serial lines.
Just like our other 7-segment boards, the OpenSegment Shield can be controlled in one of three ways: Serial TTL communication, SPI serial communication or I2C serial. This shield is very similar to our OpenSegment and Serial 7-Segment Displays, the biggest benefit to this board is its ease of use thanks to the Arduino Uno form factor.
- 4 digit white alpha-numeric display with Serial Comm, SPI or I2C Serial Interface
- Display numbers, many letters, and a few special characters
- Individual control of decimal points
- Selectable baud rate
- Selectable brightness
- Baud rate and brightness values retained in non-volatile memory
- Individual segment control for each digit
- Arduino Uno Form Factor
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.