Open Softwear is a book about fashion and technology. More precisely it is a book about Arduino boards, conductive fabric, resistive thread, soft buttons, LEDs, and some other things. We started researching five years ago thanks to the support of K3, School of Arts and Communication, Malmö University, Sweden.
Authors T. Olsson, D. Gaetano, J. Odhner, and S. Wiklund got the chance to come together to write down their conclusions in the form of an illustrated book aiming at students and professionals trying to enter the field of physical computing from the softwear perspective.
Open Softwear is a book for beginners looking into wearable computing or into fashion and technology. Its 104 pages are an opening for courses and workshops in the field. The original document was downloaded over 14.000 times from this website what brought us to make a revised edition in print
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade