MP3 decoding is now even easier! This is the popular VS1011 single-chip MP3 audio decoder from VLSI is a LQFP package! It contains a high-performance, low-power DSP processor core VS DSP4, working data memory, 5.5kBytes of program or data RAM for for user applications, serial control and input data interfaces, and a high-quality oversampling variable-sample-rate stereo DAC.
VS1011 receives its input bitstream through a serial input bus. The input stream is decoded and passed to an 18-bit oversampling, multi-bit, sigma-delta DAC and earphone driver. The control commands of the device are transferred via the same serial bus as the data. In addition to basic MP3 decoding VS1011 can play PCM and WAV files. Optionally also MP1 and MP2 decoding can be enabled (check licensing issues). 5.5 kB RAM has been reserved for user application specific features, like DSP effects.
Available in a LQFP-48 pin package.
- Decodes MPEG1.0&2.0 audio layer III, WAV and PCM files
- Support VBR
- Support streaming
- Robust to bit errors of the decoded data
- Single 12-13MHz or 24-26 MHz clock.
- Decodes 320 kbit/s MP3 with 12.0 MHz external clock (with internal clock doubler active).
- Built-in Bass and Treble controls.
- Extremely low-power operation
- Industrial temperature range
- Internal ground buffered
- Stereo earphone driver capable of driving a 30 ohm load
- Separate operating voltages for analog and digital
- On-off earphone transient suppression
- Clear sound due to internal digital sample rate converter
- Serial control and data interfaces
- 5.5 kB On-chip RAM for user code and data
- New functions can be added with software by using VSKIT
- SPI EEPROM boot for special applications
- 4 general purpose IO pins
- RoHS compliant package
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.