VS1063 is an easy-to-use, versatile encoder, decoder and codec for a multitude of audio formats. They can be hard to get hold of but we’ve got them!
The VS1063 contains a high-performance, proprietary, low-power DSP core as well as ROM memory, 16KiB instruction RAM and up to 80 KiB data RAM for user applications running simultaneously with any built-in decoder! There’s built-in serial control and input data interfaces, up to 12 general purpose I/O pins, a UART, as well as specialized peripherals like a high-quality variable-sample-rate stereo DAC and a stereo ADC, followed by an earphone amplifier and a common voltage buffer.
VS1063 can act both as an MP3 decoder or encoder slave IC in a system with a microcontroller, or as a stand-alone circuit that boots from external SPI memory.
- Encoders: MP3; Ogg Vorbis; PCM; IMA ADPCM; G.711(µ-law,A-law); G.722 ADPCM
- Decoders: MP3 (MPEG 1 & 2 audio layer III (CBR +VBR +ABR)); MP2 (layer II) (optional); MPEG4/2 AAC-LC(+PNS), HE-AAC v2 (Level 3) (SBR + PS); Ogg Vorbis; FLAC; WMA 4.0/4.1/7/8/9 all profiles (5-384kbps); WAV (PCM, IMA ADPCM, G.711 µ-law/A- law, G.722 ADPCM)
- Full Duplex Codecs: PCM;G.711(µ-law,A-law);G.722ADPCM
- Streaming support
- Up to 96KiB RAM for user code and data
- Unique ID for user code protection
- Quiet power-on and power-off
- I2S interface for external DAC
- Serial control and data interfaces
- Can be used either as a slave co-processor or as a standalone processor
- UART for debugging purposes
- New functions may be added with soft- ware and up to 12 GPIO pins
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.