MONOCHRON® is a new clock kit from Adafruit! This easy kit is easily hackable to do whatever you wish, it's a clock platform - have fun!
- 128x64 LCD (KS0108) - Adafruit special-ordered the black and white display!
- ATmega328 processor (we even stuck an 'arduino' stk500 bootloader on there too for hacking ease)
- Laser cut enclosure in black acrylic
- Beeping/blinking alarm with 10 minute snooze
- Battery backed-up real time clock (DS1307) keeps time even when power is lost for years
- European/US and 12/24 hour time display as well as date
- Completely open source hardware, all firmware, layout and CAD files are yours to mess with
- Plenty of space for mods, a prototyping area for soldering stuff in
Comes with: clock kit (includes all parts, programmed chips and LCD), coin battery, enclosure, 9VDC power supply for 220V or 110V
The firmware shipped with the kit is for the Retro Arcade Table Tennis for Two as shown in the video below. Adafruit have other clock firmwares available on the project page if you would like to change the display. This clock no longer includes the FTDI Friend + extras for updating the MONOCHRON with new clocks we suggest picking one up if you want to reprogram the clock (Adafruit's tutorial for how to do this is on the MONOCHRON website.
You'll need some basic soldering & hand tools that are necessary to assemble it! The good news is that this is a pretty basic kit and even if its your first soldering project, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 hours to put together
For much more information including parts list, instructions, videos, etc. check out the MONOCHRON website
- Amanda 'w0z' Wozniak - - designed the beautiful enclosure
- Caitsith2 - beta-tested, and submitted some great firmware mods
- Buro Vormkijgers - Inspired many people relive the joy of their retro-youth (Adafruit are in no way associated with Buro Vormkijgers, at the request of Sander Mulder on 4/10/2010 Adafruit have included a link to his site here.)
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.