Our newly upgraded 4WD MiniQ mobile platform is especially designed for education/learning purposes. It comes fully assembled and all your need is a PC with Arduino IDE and 4xAA battery. This alternative version of MiniQ 4WD robot provides higher ground clearance (25mm instead of 9mm), bigger approach angle and improved off-road capability in complex terrains. The mobile robot comes with Arduino Leonardo controller (ATmega32u4) and also integrates modules such as RGB LED, photosensitive diode, infrared trasmitters, infrared receivers, light sensors, additional buttons and buzzer.
Along with this upgraded MiniQ 4WD kit, we offer 8 lessons for beginners, from entry-level to line-following, obstacle avoidance, and remote control. Users can easily grasp through the tutorial. All codings and tutorials are open and free to download.
lesson1. Get to Know Your Robot
lesson2. Control Buzzer
lesson3. Light Direction Indication
lesson5. RGB LED
lesson6. Obstacle Avoidance
lesson8. IR Remote Control
MiniQ 4WD Cross Country is diffenrent from MiniQ 4WD at:
- Higher ground clearance: from 9mm to 25mm.
- Removing 5 line-following sensors on chassis.
- Improved off-road capability on a compact, flexible mobile robot platform
- Micro USB for download the code(bootloader: Leonardo)
- WS2812 RGB LED for controlling the color by only one pin
- Soft buttons for giving you more comfortable feeling
- Two Infrared transmitters and 1 infrared receiver for obstacle detection and avoidance. Also includes an IR remote control to easily control its features remotely
- Controller: Atmega32U4 (Arduino Leonardo)
- Power Supply: 4x AA batteries or Micro-USB
- Working Voltage: 4.5 to 6V
- Driving Mode: 4WD
- Max Speed: 79cm/s
- Size: 115x110x45mm
- MiniQ 4WD Cross Country x1
- IR remote controller x1
- Micro USB Cable x1
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.