Do you need “Mega” power in a “Mini” package? We can do that! We’re continuing our Pro series of Arduino-compatible microcontrollers with the addition of the Mega Pro Mini. This is a 3.3V microcontroller running a version of the stk500v2 bootloader at 8MHz. In order to shrink the Mega Pro down to its minimum footprint, we’ve condensed the board layout, removed the barrel jack footprint and replaced the traditional Arduino-style headers with compact vertical JST connectors.
The Pro series is meant for users that understand the limitations of system voltage (3.3V), lack of connectors, and USB off board. This board connects directly to the FTDI Basic Breakout board and supports auto-reset.
Note: If you are using Arduino, modifications were made to the bootloader to support the 3.3V system, you will need to download and install a new board definition so that the Mega Pro can be programmed in the Arduino environment. The .zip archive below contains all of the files that you’ll need including a “readme” file with simple instructions for how to install them. OR you can use Wiring and not worry about this since the board is officially supported.
Not sure which Arduino or Arduino-compatible board is right for you? Check out our Arduino Buying Guide!
- ATmega2560 running at 8MHz external resonator
- Low-voltage board needs no interfacing circuitry to popular 3.3V devices and modules (GPS, Accelerometers, sensors, etc)
- USB connection off board
- 3.3V regulator
- Over current protected
- Reverse polarity protected
- Resettable fuse prevents damage to board in case of short
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.