It’s powerful, it’s portable, it’s Pro! We’re continuing our Pro series of Arduino-compatible micro-controllers with the addition of the Mega Pro. This is a 5V microcontroller running a version of the stk500v2 bootloader at 16MHz. Just like the other Pro-series boards this board is built with all SMD components and comes with no headers populated in order to minimize the cost and the board profile. Of course this board has the same pin-configuration as the Arduino Mega, so it is dimensionally shield compatible.
The Pro series is meant for users that understand the limitations of system voltage (5V), lack of connectors, and USB off board. This board connects directly to the FTDI Basic Breakout board and supports auto-reset and the DC power jack footprint is available, but not populated.
Note: When using this board in the Arduino IDE, select ‘mega2560’. This board also works with the Wiring IDE. You will need to download the board definition files in the documents section below.
Not sure which Arduino or Arduino-compatible board is right for you? Check out our Arduino Buying Guide!
- ATmega2560 running at 16MHz external resonator
- USB connection off board
- 5V regulator, 200mA continuous (500mA peak)
- Over current protected
- Reverse polarity protected
- DC input 5V up to 12V
- Resettable fuse prevents damage to board in case of short
- Power select switch acts as on/off switch
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.