When Microsoft’s Kinect hardware hit the DIY world, it sparked a lot of very awesome projects. The Kinect let’s computers see which opens up all kinds of new doors for interactive development. In Making Things See, author Greg Borenstein leads the reader through half a dozen meaty projects that cover everything from pose detection to 3D scanning!
This title from the Make: library is perfect for makers, artists, gamers, even hobbyists. If you’ve seen some of the cool things people are doing with the Kinect and wondered how you could get in on the action, this is the book for you.
- Create Kinect applications on Mac OS X, Windows, or Linux
- Track people with pose detection and skeletonization, and use blob tracking to detect objects
- Analyze and manipulate point clouds
- Make models for design and fabrication, using 3D scanning technology
- Use MakerBot, RepRap, or Shapeways to print 3D objects
- Delve into motion tracking for animation and games
- Build a simple robot arm that can imitate your arm movements
- Discover how skilled artists have used Kinect to build fascinating projects
- Author: Greg Borenstein
- Publisher: O'Reilly Media / Make
- Paperback: 440 pages
- Print ISBN: 978-1-4493-0707-3
- ISBN 10: 1-4493-0707-8
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.