By the end of this workshop, you'll have a firm understanding of LoRa from a makers perspective and have created a node that is connected to the "The Things Network" (TTN) which sends data into the cloud.
Some of the topics covered in our LoRa workshop:
- What is LoRa and how it fits into IoT
- LoRa implementation methods
- What is "The Things Network" (TTN)
- How to setup an application on TTN
- How to build a node (device) which connects to TTN via LoRa
- How to monitor LoRa traffic data
- How to use the LoRa console to manage your applications & devices
This is a hands-on workshop. All of the gear is provided so you can physically write code and send data to the cloud. There is no need to bring your own laptop, just head down and get ready to learn!
Other handy intel about this workshop:
- Ages 14-infinity (children must be accompanied by an adult)
- 1 to 1.5 hour workshop
- Located at Core Electronics. Use Google Maps to find us, or dial in this address: Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade, Adamstown, 2289
- Questions/queries; get in touch with us.
If you are bringing a friend then change the QTY field from "1" to "2". Seats are limited to ensure your experiences are wonderful.
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Send a Downlink from Adafruit.io via The Things Network
Any good LoRaWAN device can send data up to the cloud, but now its time to send data back down to the device. TTN Fair Access Policy limits the data each device can send. A TTN device can use 30 seconds of uplink time per day, per device. At most, yo...
- The Things Network, IFTTT, and BEYOND!
Connecting your Pycom Lopy4 or another LoRaWAN device to The Things Network is the first step toward fully realized IoT fun! You’ve connected your device to TTN, you’ve decoded your payloads and now you can see all that data right there i...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...