The LilyMini ProtoSnap is a great way to get started learning about creating interactive e-textile circuits before you start sewing. Like other LilyPad ProtoSnap boards, the LilyMini ProtoSnap has all of its pieces wired together out of the box, enabling you to test the circuit’s function before you sew. At the center of the board is a pre-programmed LilyMini microcontroller connected to a LilyPad Light Sensor, LilyPad Button and two pairs of LilyPad LEDs.
The LilyMini ProtoSnap ships with pre-loaded code that uses all the LilyPad pieces connected to it. This sample code has three modes, which can be selected by pressing the LilyPad Button on the bottom-left side of the ProtoSnap. The built-in RGB LED on the LilyMini will change color to indicate which mode has been selected:
- White: All LEDs on.
- Magenta: LEDs fade in and out in a breathing pattern. When the light sensor is covered, LEDs fade faster.
- Cyan: LEDs off. When the light sensor is covered, LEDs will twinkle.
The LilyMini board, at the center of the ProtoSnap, has a built-in battery holder for a CR2032 battery (included). The board can also be powered through the microUSB port while connected to a computer for reprogramming. On the opposite side of the LilyMini you will find the SAMD11 brain, which controls the ProtoSnap.
Note: A portion of this sale is given back to Dr. Leah Buechley for continued development and education in e-textiles.
Included on the ProtoSnap:
- 1x LilyMini (battery included)
- 1x LilyPad Light Sensor
- 1x LilyPad Button
- 4x LilyPad LEDs
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.