The LilyPad Design Kit (LDK) is a great way to get started with e-textiles. The LDK includes everything you need to complete 6 simple experiments that will teach you how to sew basic circuits, light LEDs, create interactive designs, and more. You don’t need any previous sewing or electronics experience to use this kit. If you’ve ever been curious about getting into e-textiles but have never known where to start, this is where you can begin!
The online LDK Tutorial contains step by step instructions of how to connect each circuit with the included parts. Tips and tricks are provided and explained and even includes troubleshooting tips if something goes wrong. A link to this tutorial can be found in the Documents section below. The kit does not require any soldering and is recommended for beginners of any age that can can hold a needle.
LilyPad is a wearable technology developed by Leah Buechley and cooperatively designed by Leah and SparkFun. Each LilyPad was creatively designed to have large connecting pads to allow them to be sewn into clothing. Various input, output, power, and sensor boards are available. They’re even washable!
Note: A portion of this sale is given back to Dr. Leah Buechley for continued development and education of e-textiles.
- Experiment 1: Lighting a Basic Circuit
- Experiment 2: Multiple LED Circuits
- Experiment 3: Buttons and Switches
- Experiment 4: Make Your Own Button
- Experiment 5: Make your Own Switch
- Experiment 6: Microcontroller Circuits
- 1x LilyPad Parts Box
- 1x Felt Sheet - 9" x 12"
- 1x Conductive Fabric - 6" x 6.5" Ripstop
- 1x Needle Set
- 3x Conductive Thread Bobbin - 30ft (Stainless Steel)
- 4x SimpleSnap (2 Male, 2 Female)
- 7x Coin Cell Battery - 20mm (CR2032)
- 1x LilyTiny
- 1x LilyPad Slide Switch
- 1x LilyPad Button Board
- 2x LilyPad Rainbow Led Strip
- 3x LilyPad Coin Cell Battery Holder - Switched - 20mm
- 4x Lilypad Coin Cell Battery Holder - 20mm
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.