Intel Galileo Gen 2 development board, the first in a family of Arduino-certified development boards based on Intel architecture and specifically designed for makers, students, educators and DIY electronics enthusiasts.
Based on the Intel Quark SoC X1000, a 32-bit Intel Pentium processor-class system on a chip (SoC), the genuine Intel processor and native I/O capabilities of the Intel Galileo board deliver great performance, and a broad spectrum of hardware peripheral and software support. The board also provides a simpler and more cost-effective development environment compared to the Intel Atom Processor- and Intel Core processor-based designs.
What’s new with Intel Galileo Gen 2
• 6-pin 3.3V USB TTL UART header replace 3.5mm jack RS-232 console port for Linux debug. New 6-pin connector mates with standard FTDI USB serial cable (TTL-232R-3V3) and popular USB-to-Serial breakout boards.
• 12 GPIOs now fully native for greater speed and improved drive strength.
• 12-bit pulse-width modulation (PWM) for more precise control of servos and smoother response.
• Console UART1 can be redirected to Arduino headers in sketches, eliminating the need for soft-serial in many cases
• 12V Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) capable (PoE module installation required).
• Power regulation system changed to accept power suppliers from 7V to 15V.
• Intel Quark SoC X1000 application processor, a 32-bit, single core, single-thread, Pentium instruction set architecture (ISA)-compatible CPU, operating at speeds up to 400MHz.
• Support for a wide range of industry standard I/O interfaces, including a full-sized mini-PCI Express slot, 100Mb Ethernet port, Micro-SD slot, USB host port, and USB client port.
• 256 MByte DDR3, 512 Kbyte embedded SRAM, 8 MByte NOR Flash, and 8 Kbit EEPROM standard on the board, plus support for MicroSD card up to 32GB.
• Hardware-/pin-compatibility with a wide range of Arduino Uno R3 shields.
• Programmable through the Arduino integrated development environment (IDE) that is supported on • Microsoft Windows, Max OS, and Linux host operating systems
• Support for Yocto 1.4 Poky Linux release.
|Model||Intel Quark SoC X1000|
|ISA||32-bit Intel Pentium processor-compatible ISA|
|L1 CACHE||16 KB|
|SRAM||512 KB on-die, embedded; 800 MT/s|
|Technologies Supported||Integrated real-time clock, Optional 3 V coin cell battery for operation between turn-on cycles|
|Firmware||8 MB NOR Flash|
|DRAM||256 MB DDR3|
|SD Card (Optional)||Up to 32 GB|
|USB||Compatible with any USB 2.0 storage device|
|Dimensions||123.8mm (L) x 72.0mm (W)|
|Connectors||6-pin console UART, 6-pin ICSP, 10-pin JTAG FOR DEBUGGING, RJ45 Ethernet, Power over Ethernet capable, USB 2.0 Host (standard Type A), USB 2.0 Client (micro-USB Type B), Mini-PCI Express 1x slot, Jack with increased range (7 to 15 V)|
|Power||Supports Power-over-Ethernet (requires PoE module installation), Header for RTC power|
|Buttons||Reset for sketch and attached shield resets 10/100 Mbps Ethernet, Reboot to reset the Intel Quark SoC X1000|
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address (here's a PDF which includes other key business details):
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Take a look at our customer service page if you have other questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.