The Insect Bot mini is an easy to assemble robot for young engineers from 6 to 100 years. With assembling this robot you will learn the basic robotics in terms of how all the components work together. There is a microcontroller which is working as the robot brain and two servo motors for the movement. The IR sensor on it's head will act as an eye to detect obstacles in front. The programming can be done by simply connecting the Beetle controller with the USB port on your computer. It is the best way to start building robot on Arduino.
The brain of Insectbot is "world’s smallest Leonardo", a.k.a. Beetle. It is ideal for DIY projects, wearable projects and etc. Its body is made up of two 9-gram servos powered by a rechargable 3.7V LiPo battery. Its eyes are an infrared sensor to detect obstacles. It requires no special tools except a soldering iron, scissors, screwdriver, pliers. You can decorate your Insectbot Mini to give him a unique, cute or funny Christmas outfit. We also provide a step-by-step instruction to help you assemble it.
Beetle and Beetle Shield
Programming for Insectbot
We provide 3 programming languages for you such as Ardublock, Mind+ and Arduino IDE. For beginners, you can program it simply by dragging and dropping pre-designed blocks visa visual programming softwares Ardublock and Mind+. For advanced DIYers, you also modify Arduino IDE for your liking.
Programming Insectbot with Ardublock
Programming Insectbot with Arduino IDE
- Soldering iron
Check this guide if your sensor wiring is switched.
- 1x Beetle (Arduino compatible)
- 1x Beetle Shield
- 2x 9g Micro Servo
- 1x Sharp IR Sensor
- 1x LiPo Battery 3.7V/ 180mAh + Charger
- 2x Steel Wire 200mm x 1 mm
- 1x ABS Sheet (50x50mm)
- 1x Double Sided Foam Tape(L/W/H:40x30x3mm)
- 5x Cable Tie 1.8x100mm
- 1x Cable Tie 4x200mm
Documentation and Resources:
Exact shipping can be calculated on the view cart page (no login required).
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (3-7 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (Overnight for Australia Post Next Day Network, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.