This is Adafruit's first clock kit design, made with a retro Russian display tube!
- Cool glowing blue tube with 8 digits, PM dot and alarm on/off indicator
- Adjustable brightness
- Alarm with volume adjust
- Precision watch crystal keeps time with under 20ppm (0.0002%) error (< 2 seconds a day)
- Clear acrylic enclosure protects clock from you and you from clock
- Battery backup will let the clock keep the time for up to 2 weeks without power
- Selectable 12h or 24h display
- Displays day and date on button press
- 10 minute snooze
- Integrated boost converter so it can run off of standard DC wall adapters, works in any country regardless of mains power
- Great for desk or night table use, the clock measures 4.9" x 2.9" x 1.3" (12.5cm x 7.4cm x 3.3cm)
- Completely open source hardware and software, ready to be hacked and modded!
Complete kit comes with a 110/220V 9VDC power supply (a $1 plug adapter from your local hardware store will allow it to be used worldwide), all components including PCB, vacuum fluorescent tube, backup battery and a clear acrylic enclosure. Assembly is required! This kit is made of through-hole components but is best built by someone with previous soldering experience as there are many parts and steps.
For assembly instructions, user manual, code, schematics, and more, please visit the Ice Tube Clock webpage!
**Note: This kit is super popular, and the supply of tubes is harder to get. Thus the price is going to increase slowly but surely until the tubes are unavailable & the kit is discontinued. Thanks for your understanding!
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- Powerboost your LiPo Batteries
We're going to pick up where the LiPo Battery tutorial left off and look closer at the Adafruit Powerboost modules for charging your LiPos. We talked about the rules of using these batteries and how to make sure you don't set your project a light whe...
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
- IoT Plant Monitor
So, my wife wanted to have some small plants in the house. I didn’t, so we compromised, and got some plants. The only thing is that neither of us remembers to water them, so I wanted to build a sensor array to monitor the moisture content of the soil, and notify us when they needed watering. We’ve got 3 plants, all fairly close to each other, and I wanted to create an IoT project so that it could send an email notifi...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.