This 3.3v I/O POD has a Realtime clock. The on board device is I2C, so is supported by the Raspberry Pi, Beagle, Arduino and many other platforms. This module includes everything you need to get going (batteries, cables etc) without even picking up a soldering iron. The POD range was designed to be simple, fast and complete to use. Once you've gone POD you'll never go BOB again :)
The main functions are:
- Battery backed up Realtime clock (Your micro can now keep the time over power outages and resets)
- Comes supplied with a ribbon cable - male to female (Allows you to plug into male (eg Pi) or female (eg Arduino connectors)
- Stack headers (Most of the I2C based I/O pods can be stacked within address limits)
- CR1220 button cell (everthing you need to get going is included)
The I/O POD range makes it really easy to swap, test, develop and build your projects. Rather than simple break out boards, the I/O PODs follow a common layout so they are easily interchangeable. All I/O PODs use industry standard interfaces, either I2C or SPI.
- Real Time Clock (BQ32000 from TI) I2C address is HEX(68)
- Common I/O POD 8 way stacking header
- Works with any 3V3 Microcontroller
- Code examples on the net for the Raspberry Pi and Arduino
- Includes 4 Way Male-Female jumper wire (colour will vary from shown as they are taken from larger ribbons)
- Common pinout across the PowerPOD Range
- Made in the UK
Dimensions: 30mm x 21mm x 19mm
There are no current downloads
There are currently no projects associated with this item.
Related or associated products
The POD range - http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/pods-power-and-i-o/
Also available from
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.32 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.