The HUB-ee is a type of robot servo but designed for wheels, in fact it is a wheel, but it is also a motor, a sensor and a motor controller. What’s that? Did we just blow your mind?
When you want to add wheels to your robot you would normally start with a whole collection of parts: The motor and gearbox, a motor driver board, and maybe some sensors for measuring wheel speed and a controller to count revolutions or provide closed loop speed control. Well, the folks over at Creative Robotics thought it would be handy if you could just buy a wheel that had all of those things built in, so they designed HUB-ee - just bolt it onto a chassis, apply power and away you go!
The HUB-ee is easy to mount, too! There are two threaded inserts for M3 bolts built in, there’s also a right angle bracket included for situations when you can’t go horizontal into the chassis. The mounting holes are even LEGO® lug compatible!! HUB-ee uses Micro-MaTch connectors to keep electrical connections tight and easily changed, check out the related items for mating connectors.
- Removable 12mm Gearmotor
- 120:1 Gear Ratio
- Integrated, Open Source PCB with:
- Motor driver IC
- 32 stripe (128 counts per revolution) quadrature encoder
- Designed for Tires or Tank Tracks (Tires Included)
- Two internal threaded inserts (M3) make it easy to bolt on to a chassis.
- LEGO® Compatible Mounting Sockets
- Operating voltage: 3.5-13.5V
- Logic inputs: 3.3-5V
- Sensor Outputs: 3.3V
- 170RPM @ 7V no load
- 950mA Stall Current
- 100mA No Load
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.