When you need to track movement in a volatile environment, HotPot provides a thin and sealed form-factor with operating temperature tolerances of -40 to +85C. The HotPot is the preferred product for industrial and outdoor applications. By pressing down on various parts of the rotary dial, the resistance linearly changes from 100Ohms to 10,000Ohms allowing the user to very accurately calculate the relative position on the rotary. Can be used as an accurate positional indicator for rotational items, variable user input (volume level input for example), straight user input (multiple button areas translate to given resistance levels), and many other applications.
The HotPots are ideal for higher temperature environments, but many users also find that the HotPots which are made out of a impregnated fiberglass material, ‘feel’ better than the SoftPots which are made out of a polyester base. If you’re planning on using these pots with finger contact (versus with the actuator), you may want to consider using the HotPot line.
Unit comes with adhesive backing. Connector is 0.1" spaced and bread board friendly.
Note: These potentiometers work great with a finger, or stylus. For premium repeatability, the wiper listed below is perfect for machine and object positioning.
- Outside Diameter : 65.74mm (2.588")
- Center of Track Diameter : 45.57mm (1.794")
- Resistance: 10 kOhm
- Resistance Tolerance: ≈20%
- Linear Tolerance: ≈3%
- Temp Range: -40°C to +85°C standard
This product is listed in:
Documentation and Resources:
- The Maker Revolution
The Maker Revolution celebrates the creation of new devices and the modification of existing ones - the transition from a consumer buying goods to eventually having a major part in their creation. The Maker Revolution places strong emphasis on free (...
We deliver Australia-wide with these options:
- $3 for Small Items (4-6 days, not tracked, only available on selected small items)
- $6.95 for Standard Post (2-4 days, tracked)
- $8.95 for Express Post (1-2 days, tracked)
- Pickup - Free! Only available to customers who live in the Newcastle region (only after we email you to notify your order is ready)
International Orders - the following rates are for New Zealand and will vary for other countries:
- $11.49 for Pack and Track (3+ days, tracked)
- $16.50 for Express International (2-5 days, tracked)
If you order lots of gear, the postage amount might increment based on the weight of your order.
Our physical address:
Unit 18, 132 Garden Grove Parade
Please checkout our customer service page if you have other frequently asked questions such as "do we do purchase orders" (yes!) or "are prices GST inclusive" (yes they are!). We're here to help - get in touch with us to talk shop.